Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Unique Autograph Collection


I'd like to tell about a friend of mine who had a very unique autograph collection. He would send out either cards or flash cards to coaches to get their autographs. He would have pitching coaches, third base coaches and first base coaches. I've never run into anyone who did that. Usually people go for players. Many people hang outside the stadium or send to players like my friend did.

He died a year ago and I don't know what his family did with his collection but it was something special. He had coaches going back to the Brooklyn Dodgers, the New York Yankees of Mantle and he had coaches from the New York Mets such as Joe Pignatano and Rube Walker.

If your starting a new collection or looking for an idea on something unique to collect remember my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment