Monday, July 11, 2011

Topps Reprints


I was at a card show recently and I purchased a Mark Sanchez Topps Chrome rookie card. I was pretty satisfied with the price and was going to resell it. When I got home and was going to post it on the internet I took a look at the back of the card to check the dates. I was shocked to see that it was 2010 and not 2009. I checked further and discovered it was a reprint which it does not state on the back of the card. I contacted the dealer who I know to be very reputable and he immediately offered a refund. I told him don't worry about as I didn't think it was his mistake and my guess is he got burned on the card as well as I know he doesn't buy boxes. The fault goes to Topps and no one else.
How does Topps put out a reprint of a card that was a rookie the year before? Is there absolutely no sense of creativity or concern for good product or does Topps feel they can just sell any product in a box for an inflated price? Topps needs to care about its customer base and put out a better product than they do. A reprint of a rookie card one year later is an embarrassment.

No comments:

Post a Comment