Friday, January 8, 2010

2009 Topps T-206 Review


I opened up a box of 2009 Topps T-206 today and I have mixed feelings about it. If you are a set builder its a decent product but if you are looking for a good hit I would stay away from it.


I pulled 2 autograph cards which were Josh Outman and Scott Elbert rookies. Neither one has a lot of value and though I pulled 2 auto's I felt cheated. For a product that costs between $65-75 there should be a better return.


I pulled 5 short printed cards which included Babe Ruth, Rick Porcello rookie and a Gordon Beckham rookie. All cards with no number on the back are short printed. There were also bronze cards of which the best was Jorge Posada.


If you enjoy the mini cards I pulled 1 Old Mill of Aramis Ramirez, 1 Cycle of Rick Ankiel and 2 Polar Bear backed cards of Johnny Damon and Conor Jackson. The rest were all Piedmont backed and I got a Pujols and Arod.


There were also 6 Mickey Mantle checklist cards which all come with different backgrounds.


Overall I would give this product 2.5 stars. I was disappointed with the majority of it. the quality of the cards isn't great. Just because it is a product that is supposed to look like an old product doesn't mean it should be made poorly. If it is made that way then why isn't this a $40 or $50 product?

No comments:

Post a Comment