Friday, July 10, 2009

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter's





I opened 2 boxes of 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter's and I was impressed with the quality of the cards but it really is the same product its been since they started making it.



There are some new insert sets in it like Highlights and National Pride. Both sets have great artwork. The product is still a set builders dream.



I pulled a Highlights card of the Yankees players saying farewell to the old Yankee Stadium and one of Derek Jeter's famous catch falling into the stands. These are cards that any fan would love.



One box I pulled 3 jersey cards and 1 of them was Evan Longoria. The other box had 1 autograph which was Hanley Ramirez and 2 jersey cards.



I've seen some Mickey Mantle Jersey cards on Ebay and there are also 8 different Michael Phelps autograph cards.



Special cards like the Mantle jersey and Phelps auto are very hard pulls but if you want a nice product with some nice insert cards then this is the product for you.



There will be the usual short prints in the product. I've seen some blogs listing cards 301-350 as short prints but I've seen no confirmation from Topps or Beckett.



There are also Code Breaker cards for people who want to win the Code Breaker contest. It will be a great chase. The person who broke the card last year has his own card in the product this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment