Thursday, June 18, 2009

2009 Topps Series 2 Review


I opened up 4 boxes of 2009 Topps Series 2 and I have mixed feelings about it.

A lot of the cards had type that was off center. For a product that has ranged in price from $85-120 I would think Topps quality control could fix this problem. The action photos are quite good but when the type is off it ruins the entire card. For the price they need to make a better quality card.

I did get some good pulls. I got commemorative letter patches of Honus Wagner, Reggie Jackson and Jackie Robinson. The autographs were so-so. Clayton Kershaw was the best autograph but Austin Kearns, Carlos Gomez and Andy Sonnanstine were disappointing.

The black short printed parallels numbered to 58 were mixed. Matt Garza and Joba Chamberlain were good pulls but Dave Trembley and Tony Pena were disappointing. A special insert card or parallel should not be a Manager. Too few stars were received in the autographs, jersey cards and black parallels.

Set builders will be happy as you will be able to complete your sets. You also get the Legends set to complete.

Overall I would give the product a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment